IIT Delhi will conduct JEE Exam Advanced 2020 on May 17 as a Computer Based Test. Candidates at first have to qualify JEE Mains to become eligible for appearing in the JEE Advanced Exam. The application form of JEE Advanced will be released tentatively in the first week of May after the declaration of JEE Main result. Students need to fill the application form and pay fees within specified dates after which they will be issued the admit card for appearing in JEE Advanced 2020.
The exam consists of two papers, Paper 1 and Paper 2 both objective in nature. Students have to appear in both Paper 1 and Paper 2 and score minimum cutoff marks in order to qualify the JEE Advanced 2020. The result of JEE Advanced 2020 will be released tentatively on June 8. Students who qualify JEE Advanced will be eligible for admission in IITs. Seats will be allotted through JoSAA counseling based on the ranks in JEE Advanced. Students can find below more information regarding the JEE Advanced 2020.
JEE Exam Advanced 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must check below JEE Advanced 2020 Eligibility Criteria before applying for the test:
All Indian National (including OCI/PIO) and foreign national candidates will be eligible to apply.
Candidates must have cleared their 10+2 or equivalent examination in 2019 or 2020.
Candidates must have scored 75% marks (65% for SC/ ST/ PWD category in 12th or equivalent examination.
Candidates must have born on or after October 1, 1993. 5 years of relaxation will be given to SC, ST and PWD candidates.
No. of attempts:
Candidates will only be able to apply JEE Advanced maximum of two times in two consecutive years.
It will be mandatory to appear in JEE Main 2020 for applying JEE Advanced 2020.
Candidates will have to come under the top 224,000 qualifying candidates in paper 1 of JEE Main 2020 (including all categories).
Earlier admission at IITs: Candidates who will be admitted to any preparatory course in any of the IITs for the first time in 2020 will be eligible to apply in JEE Advanced 2020.
Candidates whose admission at IITs was canceled after joining any IIT will also be not eligible to appear in JEE Advanced 2020. However, those paid seat acceptance fees but doesn’t report at the center OR canceled their seats before the last allotment round in the year 2019 are eligible for JEE Advanced 2020.
JEE Advanced 2020 Application Form
Candidates must check the following information regarding JEE Advanced 2020 Application Form before proceeding to fill the form:
- JEE Advanced 2020 Application Form will be filled through online mode.
- Candidates will be able to fill the form by the first week of May 2020.
- The online registration will get closed by the second week of May 2020.
- Candidates are advised to register with working email ID & mobile number at the time of JEE Advanced 2020 registration to get login credentials.
- Along with academic & educational details, candidates will also have to fill the exam city preference.
- No correction facility in the application form will be provided by the board so candidates must fill the details carefully.
- Candidates will have to submit scanned copies of all required documents.
Documents to be submitted at the time of the registration are:
- 10th certificate (for Date of Birth verification)
- Birth certificate (if it is not mentioned in 10th certificate)
- 12th or equivalent examination certificate
- Category Certificate (If SC/ ST/ OBC-NCL)
- PWD certificate (if necessary)
- PIO/ OCI certificate (if applicable), etc.
JEE Advanced 2020 Application Fee
Mode of Payment: JEE Advanced 2020 Application Form Fee can be paid through online or offline mode.
- For online mode, it will be paid via credit card, debit card or net-banking.
- For offline mode, it can be paid through E-Challan of State Bank of India (SBI) bank in the Multi Option Payment System (MOPS) page.
Application Fee for Indian National candidates & foreign countries candidates is discussed below:
|Indian National Candidates||Fee|
|Female candidates (all category)||INR 1300/-|
|SC, ST, PWD Candidates||INR 1300/-|
|All other candidates||INR 2600/-|
JEE Advanced 2020 Syllabus
Students are advised to carefully understand and analyze the syllabus of JEE Advanced 2020 before they start preparing for the exam. Each topic in every subject should be properly studied to score good marks in the exam. Since questions in JEE Advanced are mostly analytical and conceptual, the focus must be on studying the topics thoroughly.
|Mathematics||Matrices, Algebra, Probability, Trigonometry, Analytical Geometry, Differential Calculus, Integral Calculus, Vectors|
|Chemistry||Physical Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry|
|Physics||Modern Physics, Optics, Electricity and Magnetism, Thermal Physics, Mechanics, General Physics|
JEE Advanced 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidates can check the details regarding JEE Advanced 2020 Exam Pattern below:
- Mode: JEE Advanced 2020 exam will get conducted in online (computer-based) mode.
- Medium: The paper will be available in the English or Hindi language.
- Duration: The exam will be conducted for 3 hours.
- Paper: There will be two compulsory papers – Paper I and Paper-II.
- Questions Type: Question paper will consist of objective type of questions.
- Subjects: The exam will contain questions from the subjects of – Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- Marking: There will be negative marking in the paper and will vary for different papers.